We do not store any account information or card details. We do collect your name, home address, email address and telephone number. We use this information to contact you from time to time about products we feel may be suitable for you. We will not telephone you. You may opt out of this at any time by emailing us. Cookies are used on this website to enable a better user experience, such as showing you related products and products that you have previously viewed. The cookies do not contain any personal information.
These are the conditions of hire of Maxfields Coach Travel (herein after called ‘the company’). They form the basis of the contract under which the company agrees to hire its vehicles to the customer (hereinafter called ‘the hirer’).
- CANCELLATION BY THE HIRER.
a) Cancellation more than 14 working days prior to the hire – £50 per vehicle hired. b) Cancellation less than 10 working days prior to the hire – 50% of the total hire charge. c) Cancellation on the day prior or on the day of hire, before the vehicle has departed our premises – 75% of the total hire charge. d) Cancellation on the day, after the vehicle has left our premises – 100% of the total hire charge. e) Upon cancellation the hirer will also be liable to pay for any additional items or services that have been bought and paid for on behalf of the hirer in advance of the hire. For example, ferry services, theatre tickets, meals, parking permits, accommodation and guide services etc. Every effort will be made by the company to reduce this liability however all non-retrievable charges will be the responsibility of the hirer.
- Should a vehicle be detained by the hirer, or taken on a longer journey than contracted for, (but see note 9), the company reserves the right to make a proportionate additional charge.
- The company does not guarantee to complete any journey in any given time, and will not be accountable for any loss or inconvenience which may arise from the delay or detention of any vehicle arising from any cause whatsoever.
- The company will not be responsible for any damage to, or loss of, personal property left in vehicles, however caused.
- The company will not accept any liability for damage, injury or loss for any passengers entering or leaving a coach whilst in motion.
- The company reserves the rights to supply a larger coach than that ordered for any journey and in the event no additional charge shall be made to the hirer unless the additional seating capacity is utilised.
- The company reserves the right to substitute other operators’ vehicles in place of it’s own for any journey or part thereof.
- A deposit of 20% of the hire charge is payable at the time of booking. The balance of the hire is charge is payable at least seven days prior to the date of hire. (The company reserves the right to decline to execute any work when the foregoing condition has not been adhered to, in which case the deposit becomes forfeitable by the hirer to the company). (Not applicable to account customers).
- No passengers may be carried in excess of the seating capability of the vehicle. A child counts as a passenger.
- DRIVERS HOURS REGULATIONS. The hirer undertakes to abide by all statutory requirements and regulations which may in any way effect the journey in question. Drivers are familiar with these regulations and whilst they will conform to any reasonable request made by members of the party (as to the reasonableness of any request that the driver alone shall be the judge), they will, as far as possible, depart from the destination or intermediate stopping places at times agreed beforehand (or specified by the driver) and to ensure compliance with the regulations will on no account wait for members of the party who may have failed to join the vehicle at the time so appointed. The company declines all liability for any loss, inconvenience, damage or injury arising from failure to convey any such members of the party.
- The company’s private hire vehicles are constructed and adapted to transport seated passengers only, and standing on seats or use of roofs for viewing races etc, is not permitted. The actual hirer will be held responsible for, and shall indemnify the company against any damage caused to the vehicle(s) as a result of negligence, wilful or otherwise, and/or malice due to the action of all or any member(s) of the party.
- Consumption and or carrying of alcohol in the passenger compartment of company vehicles are strictly forbidden.
- The company reserves the right to insist upon a returnable additional deposit being provided by the hirer in addition to the hire charge. This deposit will be returned to the hirer following completion of the hire provided that no additional expenses were incurred by the company which were a direct result of the hirers, or his/her passenger actions.
- The company reserves the right to impose additional charges on the hirer following completion of hire if passengers have left the vehicle in an unreasonably untidy condition or having required additional time or mileage which was not included in the original booking.
- Transfers. On collection of passengers from airports, ferry ports, etc, the coach will wait for one hour after the pre-arranged time free of charge. After that additional waiting time will be charged at the discretion of the company.
- Acceptance of our quotation implies acceptance of the above conditions.
- HIRERS SHOULD NOTE THAT THIS COMPANY OPERATES A POLICY OF NO SMOKING.
BOOKING THE HOLIDAY
(A) On receipt of your enquiry, we will reserve a holiday for 7 days. If you wish to confirm the booking you must send
a deposit of £40 per person plus insurance if required within this period.
(B) A confirmation of your booking will be forwarded to you within 7 days of us receiving your deposit,
(C) You must then pay the balance 42 days before departure (without any further reminder from ourselves)
(D) Holiday price includes coach travel, accommodation, excursions and meals as specified in the holiday description. Some hotels make a small charge for tea & coffee taken after meals. Morning coffee, afternoon teas, personal items and liquid refreshment are not included in the price of the holiday.
2. INSURANCE – WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU TAKE OUT TRAVEL INSURANCE.
3. ROOM ALLOCATION & SPECIAL REQUEST
Every effort will be made to provide precisely the accommodation booked and convey special request to the hotelier. However, Maxfield’s (here after known as the company) accepts no liability for any failure to provide a special request for which no payment is made and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the hoteliers failure to meet such requests.
Where a payment is made for additional facilities, the company’s liability shall be limited to the brochure price of that supplement, unless it is stated on the booking form that the booking is contingent on the provision of such facilities. Bookings for rooms with bath or shower shall be deemed to be fulfilled by the provision of either facility and request for one or the other will be treated as requests only. When booking a double room, request for a double or twin bed must be made clearly, otherwise it will be assumed that either is acceptable.
4. CANCELLATION BY THE COMPANY.
The company reserve the right to cancel departures if the number of clients wishing to travel is less than 25 persons. The company shall not normally cancel a holiday if for any reason it is found necessary to do so the company will provide an equivalent tour. If this alternative is not suitable, the company will refund all monies paid, where upon all liability on the part of the company shall cease. Cancellation by the client. If a client wishes to cancel a holiday we must be informed in writing immediately. Your notice of cancellation will only be effective when it is received in writing by ourselves.
5. LATE ARRIVALS BY PASSENGERS AND PASSENGERS IN DIFFICULTIES.
Should a passenger arrive late at any halt en route in accordance with the itinerary notified to clients, either verbally or in writing, the company will not accept responsibility to delay departure and a passenger who misses a vehicle shall have no claim against the company. However, in accordance with the industry Code of practice the company will make every effort to assist passengers who get into difficulties through circumstances beyond their control providing the passengers request such assistance from the company by telephoning its number.
6. HOTEL AMENITIES
Please remember that some facilities (e.g lifts) are not always available due to sudden breakdowns or the need to service them. Other facilities (e.g. outdoor pools etc) are only available when weather permits. THE NATURE & FREQUENCY OF ENTERTAINMENT IS ALSO AT THE DISCRETION OF THE HOTEL.
7. SEATING PLAN
Everything is done to conform to the seating plan, but the company reserve the right to modify these as necessary and the company cannot accept bookings contingent upon provision of specific seats. In the event that the vehicle has seat numbers different from the brochure seating plan – the row number and position (offside/nearside) and not the seat numbers shall be the determining factor in deciding where passengers shall sit. The signing of the booking form shall imply the acceptance of these terms for all the persons on that booking firm.
The company will accept transfers of the bookings to other tours or other dates more than 42 days prior to departure without the loss of deposit providing the client pays a administration cost of £20. The company shall permit assignment to another client subject to the following charges:
1. More than 42 days prior to departure – £20 per booking form.
2. Less than 42 days but more than 14 days – £40 per booking form.
3. It is not possible to transfer the booking to another tour 14 days or less without incurring the cancellation charges listed on our insurance cancellation scale.
9. FIXED PRICE
All prices are guaranteed against any fluctuation as a result of cost changes. This guarantee does not extend to the introduction of new taxes or changes or applicability
of V.A.T and fuel increases.
10. COMPLAINTS & DISPUTES
It is a condition of the contract between us that you raise any complaints with the relevant person as and when they arise. The relevant person is the hotel manager for a comp of any failure by the hotel manager to resolve a complaint about the hotel) we cannot deal with complaints which have not been raised in this way.
In thelaint regarding the hotel services and the tour driver for complaints about travel arrangements (the tour driver will also attempt to assist in the event event that it is found impossible to rectify a problem arising during the holiday, we can normally agree an amicable settlement between us after you have returned from your holiday, providing you write to us within 28 days of the completion of the holiday.
Holiday Cancellation Charge to be made prior to 42 days before departure £40 per person
37 to 42 days before departure date 25%
29 to 36 days before departure date 50%
22 to 28 days before departure date 75%
Less than 22 days before departure date 100%
- Concessions will be asked to show their bus pass.
- All children from the age of three to fourteen must pay for a seat on the coach.
- No refund will be given for tickets which are cancelled within 7 days of departure.
- Tickets cancelled before this, the refund will be deducted by 50%.
- Transfers can be made 7 days before departure with a £5 per person admin charge.
Your Privacy, Marketing and Cookies
OUR PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Maxfield’s Travel is committed to respecting your privacy and the privacy of, visitors to our website, potential customers completing quotation forms, and customers signing up to our email services. The information we collect about you will be used to fulfil the required services and enable us to improve how, as an organisation, we deal with you.
Should you have a question about the data we store, our contact details are:
Maxfield’s Coach Travel
154 Aughton Road
The information that we collect about you will only be used lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018). All data is retained exclusively within the United Kingdom or transferred only to ‘third countries’ where ‘adequacy of protection’ or specific certification as defined by The GDPR has been confirmed.
This information will not be disclosed to anyone outside Maxfield’s Travel or its associated companies, partners, and other companies with which Maxfield’s Travel has arranged services for your benefit.
We expect the information we hold to be accurate and up to date. You have the right as an individual to find out what information we hold about you and make changes if necessary; you also have the right, assuming we are not obligated by law to refuse, to ask us to stop using the information. To have your information removed or rectified, please contact email@example.com.
The type of information that we will collect on you, and you voluntarily provide to us on our website, or through email signup and new customer quotations include:
* Your name
* Your company name
* Telephone number(s)
* Email address
* Survey responses
* IP address.
We may, in further dealings with you, extend this information to include your address, purchases, services used, and subscriptions, records of conversations and agreements and payment transactions.
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal information; however, we require at least the information above for us to deal with you as a customer, prospect or service user in an efficient and effective manner.
The legal basis for processing your data is based on your specific consent, performance of a contract, compliance with a legal obligation, your vital interest, our legitimate interest that we will have requested or stated at the point the information was initially provided, therefore we will not store, process or transfer your data outside the parties detailed above unless we have an appropriate lawful reason to do so. Unless we are precluded from doing so by law, you have the right to remove your consent at any time via the unsubscribe link included on all emails we send, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org calling our contact phone number and requesting that processing of your details be restricted or deleted.
Unless otherwise required by law, your data will be stored for a period of 3 years after our last contact with you, at which point it will be deleted.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Maxfield’s Travel takes precautions, including administrative, technical, and physical measures, to safeguard your Data against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Maxfield’s Travel uses industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of Data, including encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your Data.
If you have a concern about how we handle your data, or you would like to lodge a complaint, you may do so by contacting The Information Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.